Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Got Handcuffs?

In four days, the three week fast will come to an end. For me, that will have meant 21 days of no desserts, candy, cookies, or any kind of sweets. It will have also have meant no Facebook for 21 days! I have not seen a status update, no ones crazy kid pictures, or made any witty comments (wink wink) in three whole weeks.

When I first heard from God that the fast would be the sweets and desserts, I cringed but I thought that ultimately this would be a good thing. Self control is after all one of the fruits of the spirit.

I must openly confess of one time pouring a bowl of Special K and beginning to eat away. You may ask what is wrong with that?? Well, it had the chocolate chunks in it!! About five bites in I realized what I was doing and had to toss the rest away. :(

However, other than that, God truly carried me through this.

John 6:35 says Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst."


How true this promise is when we lean on Jesus! I am not healed of my food issues yet but I have no doubt that we are very, very close. If I can lean on Jesus and He can feed my spirit so much that for three weeks I did not hunger for those things I commonly fall back on in emotional weakness.......


I cannot wait to see what He does when I ask Him to replace my hunger completely and instead of food, I seek Jesus completely and totally.


I have begun asking him to prepare spirit, soul and body for this. I have asked him to prepare my mind and guard me from my two worse enemies...satan and myself. It's time to come out of the wilderness!


Please pray with me and for me. I need it.


During this fast, God has revealed such wonderful things to me. I am wired for   hard! I can no longer whine to God that it is too hard. God has anointed me for hard! 


Psalm 139:14 says that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Fearfully not meaning that I am scary.....Well, maybe to some. Haha!  But I am made in the awesome image of Christ. He was tested by the devil three times and because he leaned on the word of God, the devil had to flee. Jesus has given us that same power, through Him. He has given us the promise that He has already overcome the world! (John 16:33) He has already overcome my eating disorder. He has already set out a path and plan before me to prosper me. (Jeremiah 29:11) This extra weight only harms me. This is not God's plan. But what truly got me so excited and so thankful to the point of tears is the revelation that I am anointed for hard! Through Christ (only), I have the ability to send satan running in the other direction! By speaking God's word and promises, by keeping faith, joy and peace, and by staying in steadfast prayer, I (again through the power of Jesus) can make the enemy turn around and flee!


I am not perfect. I will have set backs. I will have bad days. I do not want to set out like I have this under control completely. I don't. 




I am a work in progress and will be until I am called home. However, this stronghold in on its way out.


I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
I am the daughter of the King of kings.  
Heiress
Princess


Psalm 139:3 (msg) says that God knows what we are going to say before we say it.
verse 15 says "Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth;  all the stages of my life were spread out before you, "


We are so important to Him. We are so important that we are made in His image and while He is gently, kind and merciful, He is also strong, courageous, powerful, and mighty.


Through Him, so are we. So am I.I am anointed for hard.


 I'm ready for some freedom. You?










No comments:

Post a Comment